2024 Interview with the athletic Layne Wright from South Gallia
Layne Wright
South Gallia High School
2026
RB/S/Ath
Last time we spoke, you mentioned that my favorite memory of playing football was my whole 7th grade season, when we went 8-0 and were league champs. How many of your teammates from that team are still playing?
I am lucky enough to still be playing with 12 of those teammates. Yes, I exceeded the goal by rushing for a total of 1,103 yards.
I know one of your goals was to rush for 1,000 yards. Did you achieve that goal?
The two games that stick out to me the most would have to be the River Valley game, as it is always a rival and a fun competitive game, and the playoff game, where we barely fell short at the end.
In 2023, South Gallia was able to have a fine season with seven wins and four losses. What were the two games that stick out to you the most, along with the reason that they do?
The two games that stick out to me the most would have to be the River Valley game, as it is always a rival and a fun competitive game, and the playoff game, where we barely fell short at the end.
Who has been the best player you have ever faced in a game with the team he played for?
The best player that we played against this year would have to be the #7 RB from Notre Dame. I believe his name was Jordan Davis, and he is the son of their head coach.
What do you believe your biggest accomplishment has been as a football player?
I think that my biggest accomplishment as a football player is personally just simply being a teammate that my team can rely on when they need anything and making ALL-STATE. LOL
What has been your most embarrassing moment as an athlete?
I think my most embarrassing moment as an athlete is doing hurdles and falling two races in a row.
As a football player, what do you feel you need to improve on the most?
What I think I need to improve on is keeping my legs driving and getting faster so I don't get brought down as easily.
During the off-season, what are you doing to improve your all-around game?
During this off-season, I have been in the weight room constantly, trying to get stronger and gain weight by running through the middle.
Which side of the ball do you feel you are the best at?
I think I am best on the offensive side of the ball.
Which side of the ball is the toughest to prepare for? Explain
Personal defense is harder to prepare for; all the alignments and formations that change every week are hard to keep up with.
What makes playing for the Rebels so special?
Playing for the Rebels is a feeling that is hard to compare to; the team chemistry that we have is hard to beat. We have all grown up together, and I believe that we are building a great program.
How much time do you spend studying your playbook?
I study the playbook quite often. I like to watch our game one day to see what I can improve on, and then look at the other team's films so I can prepare.
What is your favorite genre of music, along with your current favorite song and artist?
My favorite genre of music is country; my favorite song right now is Wondering Why by The Red Clay Strays; and my favorite artist is Zach Bryan.
When you are not preparing for or playing in a game, what are some of the things that you do in your free time?
Some things that I do in my free time are ride around, listen to music with friends, and do work around the farm with my dad.
Play Station or X-Box?
Personally, I play video games on a PC, but I also have a PlayStation that I play on occasionally, so I'll have to go with the PlayStation.



Comments