2024 interview with South Point High School Elijah Wilburn WR/CB/RB/ATH


 

Name: Elijah Wilburn

School South Point High School

Positions played: Wr Rb Cb Fs Pr Kr

Graduating year 2024

We will start with a question about your senior year.

What were your goals heading into the season, and did you achieve them?

Stick with your season, senior. On a personal note, what were the high and low points?

There were a bunch of high points this year, but I think for me, beating Coal Grove, something we hadn’t done in over 10 years, was definitely a high point of the season for me. And definitely the low point for me would have to be the end of the season, just realizing our team's 12-year brotherhood is coming to an end.

Looking back on the 2023 season, did it seem to go by faster than previous seasons?

100% of the games flew by weeks 4 to 6, which felt way too fast.

Looking back on your high school football career, what is the moment you will remember the most, along with your biggest regret?

The moment I will remember the most is when they told us we made the playoffs. The first team to do it in 39 years at South Point. My biggest regret would definitely be not taking it more seriously in my freshman and sophomore years. Those are maybe the most important years for development. I just felt like if I had put in the work when I was younger, I could have been a lot better.

What has playing football taught you that you can use in life?

It taught me how to be coachable and to try and learn what I can from the people who are more experienced.

What are you going to miss the most about playing high school football?

I think I’ll just miss the feeling of Friday as a whole; there really is nothing like it.

Now that your senior season is over, what would it mean to you to get to play in one or two of the all-star games?

It would mean the world just to go out and participate one last time against the best.

What were your emotions walking off the field after your last game?

They were very high; it doesn’t really hit you till that next Friday when you don’t have a game and you realize you are never going to play with that same team again.

What have been the best and worst parts of the recruiting process?

The best part is probably getting to travel around and see so many different colleges. The worst part is a lot of back-to-back week ends; you won’t have a Saturday because you have a visit, and they take basically all day.

Would you name some of the schools that are recruiting you?

I have some D3 offers, but I have been talking a good bit to Fairmont State, Wheeling, and Ashland.

Once you are enrolled in college, what will you be majoring in?

Most likely education My mom is a teacher.

If possible, when you get back home, will you be taking part in any of the South Point football games?

Definitely, I’m really excited to see what the future of the South holds.

What is a talent that you have that would shock those who know you?

I know how to do some magic.

If you could choose any stadium to play a football game in, where would it be, along with your reasons why?

Probably Heinz Field. I have always been a big Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

Have you ever read or posted on any of the following message boards? http://southeasternohiopreps.com, http://yappi.com, or http://ovathletics.com? If so, which ones?

I have read on http://southeasternohiopreps.com just to see some things other people think about our league.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football