2024 Interview with Multi talented Austin Hill from Urbana High School


 

Name: Austin Hill

School: Urbana High School

Graduating Year: 2026

Positions played:
Running back, slot receiver, linebacker

Heading into the 2023 season, what were your personal goals, and were you able to achieve them?

One of my personal goals that I wanted to achieve was that I wanted to not fold in big situations. I believe that I made the most of most of my opportunities, so I would say I achieved my goal.

What was the biggest moment for you during the 2023 season?

My biggest moment in the 2023 season was scoring three touchdowns in our first round of the playoffs.

You are listed as a running back and linebacker. Of the two, which one do you feel you are better at?

I feel that I’m good at both, just because if I wasn't, I wouldn’t have been starting on both sides of the ball. I’d rather play running back, but it doesn’t really bother me which side I play as long as I get to show what I’ve worked for.

Of the two positions you play, which one is the toughest to prepare for? Explain

The toughest position to prepare for has to be running back because to warm up, it takes a lot, such as working on handoffs and working on vision. There are so many little things that you have to focus on to be prepared.

Being a younger player, how do you go about trying to ask the older players for help when you need it?

On the team, we don’t put anybody over anyone because we consider each other family, which is what I love about Urbana football. We have camp in the preseason, which consists of nothing but team bonding and practicing, so I feel that with the bonding, we build relationships so that we don’t worry about being nervous or whatever to ask for help or advice.

What is the best and worst part of an Urbana practice?

The best part of an Urbana practice has to be being an offensive individual. It’s the best because the guys in the group all have the same demeanor. So we push each other to get better every day. I don’t think there is a worst part of practice; it all stinks, but you just have to make the best of it.

What are you doing during the off-season to improve your game?

During the offseason, I lift about 10 times a week, and most days I work out twice a day. I'll lift with the team, work on agility training, and then go to another session that focuses on straight powerlifting. Then, on the weekends, I compete in powerlifting meets.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger students who come and watch you play?

Yes, I believe that we are role models because some of the coaches have younger kids who are in the locker room and around the practice field, so I feel that we all do well at being role models.

Where should the state finals be held?

The state finals are held at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton. Which is a beautiful field, so I’m fine with where the state finals are held.

What are your thoughts on sixteen teams from each region making the playoffs?

I feel like there shouldn’t be that many because it’s like almost everyone gets in, and that’s something every team should strive for. Which, in some cases, are just handed to them.

Do you think girls should be able to play on the football team?

I think that having a girl on the team is fine. I’ve had girls on the football team and have faced some. It’s the same as lining up in front of a guy; I don’t see any reason why girls can’t or shouldn’t.

How long have you played football, and what are the reasons you continue to play?

I have played for seven years, and I will continue to play because I still have goals to accomplish.

Where is the best spot in town to grab a bite?

I’m not sure where I’d say is the best place to eat in town. Urbana is a very small town that doesn’t have a large variety of restaurants.

Who are your favorite and least favorite college football teams?

My favorite team has to be the Ohio State Buckeyes, and with that being my favorite college team, you obviously know my least favorite is the team up north.

What was the last book you read, along with the author?

The last book I read was with the football leadership council. Which was The Twin a Thieves by Steve Jones and Lucas Jadin. The book explains how most kids are scared of judgment and failure and how to overcome them.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football