2024 Interview with D-1 Recruit Isiah Stoudemire from Stebbins High School

 


Isiah Stoudemire


Stebbins High School

Center, Guard, and Tackle

2025

Have you attended any camps, or do you plan on attending any camps to improve your game? If so, can you tell all of us which camps?

Yes, I plan on attending some camps this year to improve my game. For example, I’m attending the Best of the West Combine on February 19.

What were your personal highs and lows of the season?

Some highs of the season are definitely being around your teammates and creating special bonds with those teammates. Some lows are definitely the injury part of the game because when you’re out, you can’t really do anything, and you lose a lot of time to get better.

What are you going to miss the most from the 2024 class?

I think I’m going to miss the intensity of each practice and game because that really hyped us up this season.

Stebbins went 4-7 last season. In looking at the scores you guys struggled to score in 2023, what went wrong with how you guys plan on changing that this season?

The number of injuries that occurred during the season and the amount of time that we didn’t work as a team. We can work to change the course of the next season by making sure that we have healthy players and making sure that, as a team, we don’t point fingers and play as a team and a unit.

Who was the best team you guys faced last season, and what made them so good?

Tippecanoe Red Devils, and what made them so good was that they had their fundamentals down to a key, and they were disciplined.

Who is the best player you have ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

Enrique Lopez, Butler High School

If you could pick any stadium in the nation to play a game in, where are you playing?

Bryant-Denny Stadium because I’m from Alabama and it’s my dream to play there.

Where should the state finals be held?

Paycor Stadium would be a nice place to hash it out.

What has been your most embarrassing moment on the field?

The field was muddy, and I went to block the defender, and I almost slipped and did the splits.
 
Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models to the younger kids that come and root for the team?

I do feel like I am a good role model when it comes to teaching position-based groups and the techniques of being a lineman at the high school level, but when it comes to keeping a level head at all times, I do feel like there are problems, but I’m working on that because I want the kids to learn and see temper management because it is one of the most important skills on the field that high school-level athletes tend to not have.

If you could change one rule in high school football, what would it be, and why?

I would loosen up on the eye-black rule because it doesn’t affect the game or give anyone an advantage.

Can you name some of the schools that are recruiting you?

Marshall, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Ball State, Yale, and many others

What was the last book you read along with the author?

The last book I read was The Great Gatsby, and it’s by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

What is your favorite meal, and who cooks it the best?

My favorite meal is fired pork chops with black eye peas, and my grandmother cooks it the best.

Who is your favorite athlete?

Ray Lewis, Trent Williams, and Jason Kelce


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football