2024 Interview with a bigger and only getting better Kam Kitts from Fairland High School

 This young man will be a force in his part of the state and a player you all should keep an eye on.


Name-Kam Kitts

School: Fairland High School

Positions played-RB,SS,OLB

Class 2025: 4.6 GPA

The Dragons were coming off a 7-4 season in 2022, including a first-round playoff loss to the up-and-coming West Muskingum team by one point in overtime. What were the team goals on your mind for the 2023 season?

We had the goal of becoming a completely new team, forgetting about the previous season, and improving our game.

Sticking with goals What were your personal goals heading into the 2023 season, and were you able to achieve those goals?

I came into my freshman year weighing only 125 pounds. I knew I needed to gain weight in order to become a true running back, and I was able to accomplish that. I’m now at 190 pounds.

What makes playing for Fairland so special?

We have been together as a team since we were 6, so we have an undeniable bond.

Up until right now, who is the best player you have ever faced on the field in a game, along with the team he played for?

Shaun Terry, Ironton

What has been the most important lesson you have learned from playing sports?

Commitment. If you want to do something and stay committed to it, you can do anything, no matter the task.

What was the biggest disappointment of the 2023 season?

I pulled my hamstring at the end of the season, so I was not able to help my team against Portsmouth in the playoffs.

What was the biggest moment of the 2023 season?

I would say our win against Gallia was a pretty big win.

Focusing on just the road games you have played, which stadium is the one you dislike playing in?

This season,
Ironton, because we lost.

Staying with the road games theme, which stadium do you enjoy playing at the most, along with the reason?

Portsmouth West because it was a first-time experience on their new field.

Have you or do you plan on attending any camps to aid you in becoming a better player this season?

There are no plans at this time.

Teams all over the state, for the most part, seem to have lower numbers. As a player, how do you go about trying to get some of your classmates to come out for the team?

I tend to talk to everyone in the school and try to make friends with them and motivate them.

Where should the state finals be held?

Canton, for sure

Do you read most on southeasternohiopreps.com, yappi.com, and/or ovathletics.com?

Southeastern Ohio, mainly, but I have used them all.

What is your favorite class or subject?

Math/Chemistry

What is your favorite meal, and who likes it the best?

My favorite meal is grilled vegetables with chicken and rice.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football