2024 Interview with Reading (PA.) QB Jason Lee Plylaharn Jr.


 

Jason Lee Plylaharn Jr.

School Reading High 

Positions played: QB/ATH

Graduating year 2026

Height and weight 5’11|175lbs

What or who got you started playing football, along with how long you have played the game?

I’ve played football ever since my dad showed me a football. Growing up through the Reading youth team to now having the opportunity to play Friday night. It’s been a privileged 10 years of getting better and playing this game. 

What did you learn from the 2023 season that you will use to be a better player this year?

I learned that from the start to the finish, all 11 guys have to give 110% effort every time. I also learned that confidence is a key factor in success. As for me being a sophomore last year, often times I had adversity at the beginning of games, but my teammates and all the coaches brought the energy out, straightened me up, and kept me focused on the next play. Knowing that I can start giving myself and my teammates that same energy when we need it. 

What was the high point of the 2023 season?

I believe that the high point for the team was that further into the season, we progressively became much better at playing for ourselves. I think we got the ball rolling towards the middle of the season. 

Who is the best player that you have ever played with, along with what made him so good?

We have many players that really put a stamp on their game and have a detrimental effect on our team, but as a quarterback who is a leader on the offensive side of the ball, having a teammate like Gabriel Laws as a two-way player and a defensive leader on the field keeps everyone on the team energized. He takes this game very seriously and doesn’t lower the standard for anyone. At the end of the game, everyone knows he left it out there on the field. 

What is the toughest aspect of being a quarterback?

The toughest aspect is keeping your head up and moving on to the next play. Often times this year, I had a really bad play but then immediately a great one right after. Simply because, as a quarterback, you have to brush it off and get ready for the next possession. 

What is the most rewarding part of being the quarterback?

The most rewarding part of being a quarterback is knowing that you made the right read on the field and seeing how the play develops after the right guy gets the ball. 

What is the strongest part of your game?

I would say my strongest part of my game is being able to play the game with a clear vision and being communicative with my sideline to set plays up. 

Which part of your game must you improve to be a better player? 

In everything, there’s ways to improve to be a more prepared player. This year, I’m looking forward to implementing my game knowledge and playing at a high intensity, faster, and stronger. 

The 2019–2020 season was the last time Reading High School produced a winning record. What must the 2024 team do to change that?

We have to kick off our season with some fireworks; we need guys flying around and making plays. That will start our team’s success. 

What makes you a good teammate?

When I can, I will talk to my teammates and see what they are seeing on the field to help them get better looks or better spacing. 

Which type of weather is the worst for you to play in? 

I love the game of football, and I love all the types of weather that come with it—heat, rain, snow, or whatever I’m going to play. 

Which game are you looking forward to the most? Explain

Out of all the games, I would have to say our game against Penn Manor is my most anticipated game. Having the opportunity to play against them again after our loss in overtime last year. 

Who are your role models?

My role models are my parents; they set the ground I walk on and realistically always supported me through the journey. 

What is your favorite class or subject?

I enjoy learning about different subjects, but my favorite will always be any math class. 

Who is your favorite athlete?

My favorite athlete since I was a kid has been Tony Romo.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football