2024 Interview with Makhi Boone from Lakewood St.Edward


 

Makhi Boone 

St.Edward

Cornerback 

2026

6'0, 167 lbs 

How long have you played football, and what or who got you started?

My mom put me in football at 4 years old. Since then, it’s been a big part of my life. 

What did you learn about yourself that you can use this season to be a better player and teammate?

Mental strength is just as important as physical strength. Being mentally healthy can help me support my teammates on the field and in life. Being a student athlete is a lot of work, and we can all use extra support. 

I know it is very early, but what has surprised you so far at practice about your team?

We have young players stepping into big roles, and they or we have shown that they can accept the challenge. 

What is the toughest part of playing in the secondary?

You have little room for mistakes. Any mistake we make can let the other team score. When we make a mistake, everyone knows because we are the last line of defense. 

What makes playing and going to school at Lakewood St. Ed. so special?

Brotherhood on and off the field. They hold us to high standards and push us to be elite student athletes. They believe in us. 

What has been your biggest moment as an athlete, in any sport, at any age?

It was probably my first interception. It was a good feeling. I played QB when I was younger as well, so throwing my first touchdown pass was a big accomplishment too! Now I’m thankful to celebrate every moment on the field. 

What do you feel is the strongest part of your game?

I think I’m strongest at man coverage and my ability to adapt and make plays.

Which part of your game do you want to improve the most to be a better player this season?

I think learning other positions can help anyone become a better overall player. My goal is to be a great player! 

Would you rather start the season off with your rival or face them in the final week of the season?

The final week...

Who is the toughest teammate to go against in practice?

2026: WR Zach Hacklemen 

Who is the best player that you have played in a game, along with the team he played on?

Unfortunately, I got hurt at the beginning of last season, so I didn’t personally go up against some of the talent we faced. I was able to watch our team (my brother) go against people like Jordan Marshall and Elijah Moore, who are elite. 

The Boyle County game is very intriguing. They have won four straight state titles and have a great coach in Justin Haddix. How much do you guys know about them?

Our coaches do a great job of preparing us for every team we play for. Right now, we are focused on game one, which is Pickerington North. 

Outside of sports, what are you doing for fun?

Play the game and hang out with friends and family. 

Who is your favorite athlete?

Growing up with Lebron James and now Darius Slay, although I still like Lebron,. 

What is your go-to snack?

Jolly ranchers or chips.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football