2024 Interview with Xavier Donnelly  from Dayton Chaminade Julienne


 

Name: Xavier Donnelly 

School: Chaminade Julienne Dayton, OH

Positions played: O-line and center

Graduating year: 2026

Height and weight: 6’2 315lbs


How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I have played football since I was in 4th grade, and I kept playing because I loved getting my anger out.

What was the high point of your 2023 season?

My high point of the 2023 season was getting to play in two scrimmages before I got hurt for the year.

Can you tell the readers some of the camps you are attending and what you are hoping to get from them?

I am attending Ohio State Camp, Notre Dame, App State, Kent State, and the University of Dayton. I am hoping to get some interest, at least from one of the camps.

What is the strongest part of your game?

My strongest part of my game is run blocking. 

Which sport do you feel you are better at, baseball or football?

Football because I feel that I’ve been training more for that sport and taking it more seriously.

What has been your biggest moment as an athlete?

My biggest moment as an athlete was when I threw a no-hitter to win the championship. 

What has been your most embarrassing moment as an athlete?

My most embarrassing moment as an athlete was when I fell down while running down the field and we scored a touchdown.

Who is the best player you have ever faced in a football game, along with the team he played for?

Elijah Berman Meadowdale when I was in 8th grade 

What is the worst weather for you, as a lineman, to play in?

The worst weather to play in as a lineman is rain because I have to snap the ball and it is slippery.

What is the toughest part of being a lineman in the double-wing offense?

The toughest part of being in the double-wing offense is that there is a different way you have to block for each play.

Where should the state finals be held?

The state finals should be held at the Cincinnati Bengals stadium.

If you are hearing about any colleges in either sport, baseball or football, can you tell us some of them, along with the sport they are recruiting you for?

I am not yet hearing from any coaches in either football or baseball. 

Have you ever been to a Dayton Dragons baseball game?

Yes, I have been to a Dayton Dragons game before.

What is your go-to snack?

My go-to snack is honey buns.

Who are your role models?

My role models are my brother.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley