2024 Interview with Tyson Pritt from Ripley (W.VA.)


 

Name:Tyson Pritt

School: Ripley High School

Positions played:Quarterback 

Graduating year:2025

Height and weight: 6,0,195

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Ripley High School?

The small town atmosphere that Ripley brings and the continuing support for our Ripley football program 

In watching some of your Hudl highlights, the most impressive thing to me was that when you are scrambling or running the ball, you always have your eyes downfield. Is there a college or pro quarterback that you pattern your game after?

Absolutely, and that player is Joe Burrow; when he receives pressure, he escapes it while maintaining focus on his receivers. 

What part of your game do you need to improve on to be a better quarterback?

Recognizing when it’s a good time to throw the ball away instead of forcing a play.

What is the strongest part of your game?

Being able to throw receivers open and also breaking down defensive coverages 

How important is it for you as a quarterback to be able to compete in the 7-on-7 action before the season starts?

It is very important that I get to develop chemistry with my teammates and also obtain an idea of my receiver's tendencies. 

Can you share with everyone some of the camps you have been to or plan on attending, along with some of the things you are learning?

I’ve attended many camps this offseason; some notable camps are Waynesburg University, Georgetown College, St. Vincent, and Capital University. I will be attending Gettysburg College camp this Saturday. I am learning how to get the ball out as efficiently and as quickly as possible. 

With this being your final high school football season, have you found yourself preparing any differently than you have in the past?

Absolutely. I am preparing myself by studying defenses and their weaknesses. I am also training six times a week. Myself and my teammates are coming for it all this year.

What is the toughest defense for you to face?

Man, there’s no guaranteed weakness on the field; it will take scouting and preparation beforehand and a comparison of skills between my teammate and the opposing backer to assume an opening. 

What is the best part of being the quarterback for Ripley?

I love being the catalyst for the offense that helps the team achieve success. 

What is the most difficult part of being the quarterback?

The pressure of my performance and doing the right things to give my team the best chance of victory.

How important is it to you to be invited to play in one or more of the all-star games after the season is over?

It would be an honor to be able to compete in the all-star game. but throughout my season, my focus has been on team success and not personal success. 

Could you let us know some of the schools that are recruiting you?

Waynesburg has offered me, and I’m currently being recruited by a few other schools: Gettysburg, St. Vincent, Capital, and Roanoke.

What is your go-to snack?

Definitely Funyuns, and if they’re spicy, I love to add ranch dip to them. 

What scares you?

not being successful.

What is your favorite sports movie?

Water Boy is mine and my family’s favorite sports movie and has a special place in all of our hearts.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football