2024 Interview with Linden Sammons from Raceland Worthington High (KY.)


 

Name: Linden Sammons

School: Raceland Worthington High

Positions played: defensive end, offensive line, and full back

Graduating year: 2025

Height and weight: 6’1” 225lbs

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Raceland?

The community supports us; it’s true what they say here: we are family.

What is the toughest part of being a student-athlete?

Balancing the load between homework, social life, and athletics

With this being your final high school football season, have you found yourself preparing any differently?

I've been putting in a little more work off-season, training with my dad, and pushing myself for this last season.

What is the strongest part of your game?

I would say my ability to go out on the field for four quarters and put my focus on the goal of being the best I can be, win or lose.

Would you share with the readers the camps you have been to, along with some of the things that you have learned?

Ohio State University, twice
EKU’s Prospect Camp
Mount St. Joseph
I have learned technique and how to be better.

What is the toughest part of a raceland practice?

The toughest part of practice is also the best part of practice, which is the intensity.

Who is the best player that you have faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

Brenden Anthony at Pikeville

Which game are you looking forward to the most this season, along with the reason why?

All of them because football is fun.

What is the biggest lesson you have learned from playing sports?

To be successful, you have to be committed and work hard.

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

Win a state championship! 
In 2017, my older brother was on the first team that went to state. I told him that was good and all, but my team would be the first Raceland team to win it!

How do you shake off a bad game?

Learn from your mistakes and move on to the next game. 

Would you share with everyone some of the schools that are recruiting you?

As of right now, I’ve talked to a few coaches. My dream school is Ohio State, but EKU has the degree I want!

Who are your role models?

My dad, my older brother Jayden, Nick Bosa, JJ Watt, and Aaron Donald

What is your go-to snack?

Fit crunch protein bars, ramen noodles with eggs

What type of music is your favorite?

Rock


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football