2024 Interview with Landon Schoonover from Liberty High School (W.VA.)


 

Name:Landon Schoonover

School: Liberty High School

Positions Played:C/MLB—>RT/DT

Graduating Year:2025

Height and Weight: 6'1, 250 lbs

With this being your final high school season, have you found yourself preparing any differently than you have in the past?

I am definitely putting as much effort as I can into preparing for this season. This year is different. It means the most to me.

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

I am working on bettering myself for the team.

What are the goals you are setting for your team this season?

State Champs, To the Top.

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I’m going into my 10th year; football is just a sport that has helped me control anger and emotion through the years.

What has been your biggest moment as an athlete, in any sport, at any age?

My biggest moment as an athlete would probably be my interception against Berkley Springs.

What has been your most embarrassing moment as an athlete, in any sport, at any age?

Not returning the interception for a touchdown.

Who is the toughest teammate to face in practice?

Graduated senior Trevor Kooken

You are listed as playing center and middle linebacker; which one of the positions are you best at?

I would say I’m best at center, but I have been moved to right tackle for now.

Of the two positions, which one is the toughest to prepare for?

I would say middle linebacker, because each week is a different team with a different offense. There's a lot of new stuff to prepare for every week.

With college coaches using Twitter and Hudl as often as they do, how often are you updating your pages?

I update my Hudl pages during football season, but I don’t use Twitter often.

Are you hearing from any colleges? If so, would you name some of them?

I have been invited to camps via mail and text, but I haven’t had any scouting or recruitment interactions yet.

After the season is over, how important is it to you to earn an invite to the North vs. South All-Star game?

It would be my proudest moment of my career, so it would be very important.

What is your go-to snack?

I love some hot fries.

What is your favorite sport to watch in person?

Football, for sure.

What scares you?

Failure.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football