2024 Interview with King David Beatty from Bishop Hartley High School


 

Name:King David Beatty

School: Bishop Hartley High School

Positions played: DE/DT

Graduating year: 2026

Height and weight: 6'0, 245 lb.

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Bishop Hartley High School?

I would say the best part for me is the culture and the togetherness of Bishop Hartley. The things we’re taught go beyond the classroom or locker room. We give four years of high school to receive 40 years plus of success. That’s the best part of being a student athlete at Bishop Hartley High School.

What is the toughest part of being a student or athlete? 

The toughest part for me is being consistent in managing my schoolwork, athletics, and extracurriculars. I had to sit out a couple games because of academics; it made me realize that it’s always student first, athlete second. Since then, I have been approved in my academics, and I’m ready to live the culture.

What were the high and low points of the 2023 season?

As I mentioned earlier, I wasn’t able to play in a few games last season. I was also having trouble making it to school with little to no transportation, which affected me mentally and also made it harder. One unforgettable low point in the season was the loss against Sheridan High School. This game was a fight, and unfortunately, we came up short and lost.

What are your personal goals for the 2024 season?

My personal goals this season are to master my craft as a defensive lineman, become a great leader and impactful player on both sides of the ball, and earn a scholarship(s) to become an elite athlete.

What goals are you setting for the team this season?

I’m setting a high bar for our team to become not only undefeated at home but undefeated in general this year.

You play for one of the best coaches in the state. How does he continue to motivate the team to play so well each season? 

Coach Brad Burchfield installs us with undying passion and resilience. He teaches us how to never forget loyalty to the team and to build our house brick by brick. He is one of the best coaches I’ve ever been coached by, and his selflessness towards me and my family is a reason I’m happy to be Hawk.

What is the toughest part of practice?

The toughest part of practice is definitely conditioning. Our strength and conditioning coach at Bishop Hartley is one of the best there is, and he makes us work. He sees our potential and won’t let us slack off on anything.

What is your favorite part of practice?

I would say my favorite part of practice is when we’re all working and going 100% as if it’s a game rep. It shows that we grew together that day as a team.

Who is the best player that you have faced in a game, along with the team he played for? 

I couldn’t really say an individual player faced that was the best. But as a team, I would have to say Big Walnut.

What is the best part of playing on the defensive line? 

The best part of playing on the defensive line is being in the trenches. Going head-to-head with offensive linemen weighing 200–300 pounds has always been something to look forward to for me personally. I like making noise, and the line is where the most noise happens, whether it’s the clashing of helmets or loud sounds after a sack.

What is the toughest part of playing on the defensive line? 

The toughest part of playing on a defensive line is missing a play or potential hit that could change the game. We have to learn how to respond to certain things.

What is the strongest part of your game? 

The strongest part of my game is definitely my get-off and reactions to what a defender would do. I use a lot of different pass rush techniques to not only confuse the defender but also blow by them and stop the play.

What is your favorite subject or class?

My favorite subjects are math and English.

What is your go-to snack?

My go-to snack is a Reese’s peanut butter fast break.

Outside of sports, what do you do for fun?

I like arts and crafts, especially modeling buildings and stuff of that nature.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football