2024 Interview with Jade Ashford from Columbus Linden McKinley


 

Name:Jaiden Ashford

School:Linden Mckinley 

Positions played: strong safety, wide receiver 

Graduating year:2025

Height and weight: 5–10, 160

What are your personal goals for the 2024 season?

Just gaining more exposure to get to the next level.

What will you miss the most about your teammates who graduate this year?

Their knowledge about the game.

I cover a lot of Columbus City League games, and for the most part, the teams have low numbers. As a player, how do you go about trying to get some of your classmates to come out for the team?

I just recruit everywhere I go, trying to help kids like me not only get a chance at something different but also a way to get off the streets.

What has your biggest moment been as an athlete, in any sport, at any age?

Just being a freshman starting on varsity on lindens 2021 season making history for linden first time winning 8 games and first time in the playoffs. 

What is the strongest part of your game?

I believe my aggressiveness as a hard hitter is one of my strengths. 

Which part of your game must you improve on the most to be a better overall player?

Just the physical aspect of being 100% healthy to play my best

Where on the field do you believe is the best sport for you?

I believe in strong safety or defensive backs.

Coming off a rough season, what must you guys do as a team to make sure you guys have a winning season?

It starts with the grades in the off-season, but during the season, they stay together and play as a team.

What lessons did you learn about yourself as you went through the 0–10 season that you can use this year to be a team leader?

To use everyone because everyone has something different to contribute and add to the game.

What is the toughest part of practice?

Helping the young players understand the game at faster speeds. 

Who is the best player that you have faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

Dane was a running back in the first round of the playoffs, and he was a real problem to stop. He played for Highland.

With this being your senior year, have you found yourself preparing any differently?

Yes, I find myself taking mental reps as much as physical reps to help get a better feel for the game.

What is your go-to snack?

Reese's cup, for sure. 

What is the one sport you cannot watch on TV?

Probably, tennis. 

Who are your role models?

My parents are my number one role models.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football