2024 Interview with Charles Nelson from Archbishop Moeller High School


 

Name
Charlie Nelson

School
Archbishop Moeller High School

Positions played
DE/LS

Graduating year
2026

Height and weight
6’3 220

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

Win the state and cause havoc in the backfield.

What was the high point of the 2023 season?

Contributing to winning regionals

What is the strongest part of your game?

I would say pass rush is my strongest asset.

What part of your game must you work on the most to be a better player?

I should get better at the running game and gain more weight.

Who is the toughest teammate to square up against in practice?

Cooper Mccutchan and Sam Hamilton because they are very athletic and hard to get around.

What is the toughest part of practice?

Conditioning in June is pretty tough right now.

What is the best part of being a student athlete at Moeller?

I keep busy because I like being busy, so I am always doing something.

What is the toughest part of being a student athlete?

I definitely manage my time efficiently. 

Do you think it is a disadvantage for your team not to have a football field on school grounds?

I don’t think it’s a disadvantage because we deal with adversity really well. We don’t care how rocky the sea is.

Do private schools have an advantage, fair or unfair, over public schools?

I would say that private schools and public schools are on an equal playing field.

Where should the state finals be held?

I like the historical part of the state championship being in Canton at the Hall of Fame.

What is something that you would like to do in a game but might never have the chance to do?

Throw a touchdown pass.

Have you ever been to a Cincinnati Bearcats football game?

Yes, the energy at Nippert is crazy.

What is the one sport that you cannot watch on TV?

Although I love playing basketball, I cannot watch NBA games. College basketball is exciting, but the NBA is boring.

What was the last book you read, along with the author?

I read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald in my English class.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football