2024 Interview with Camden Bonner from East Fairmont High School (W.VA.)


 

Name: Camden Bonner

School: East Fairmont High School 

Positions played: Dline/Oline

Graduating year 2025

Height and weight: 5'9, 200

With this being your final high school season, have you found yourself preparing any differently than you have in the past?

I’m just putting in the most work that I can, knowing it’s my last year. I think I’m in the best shape I’ve been in, with more muscle.

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

I got the first team conference last year. I'm trying to put in the work to make all states this year. I also want to make the 1000-pound club.

What are the goals you are setting for your team this season?

Make it back to the postseason and win a game for sure, trying to get better than losing the first round anymore, and try to make it a standard. We got a lot of underclassmen this year. We just need to use the depth that we have and just go hard.

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I’ve been playing football ever since I could walk. I continue to play because it has built a part of who I am.

What has been your biggest moment as an athlete, in any sport, at any age?

It definitely has to be my first high school sack because it just feels so great.

What has been your most embarrassing moment as an athlete, in any sport, at any age?
When I fell into a manhole when I was 10

What is your favorite part of an East Fairmont practice?

I love defensive practice. I love to get past people.

What is the toughest part of practice?

Running 300s

For a lineman, which type of weather is the worst to play in?

When it’s very hot and dry, that has to be the worst.

What is the strongest part of your game?

Definitely, my speed and strength I’ve always been an undersized guy, but I was always faster than any other lineman and just as strong or stronger.

With college coaches using Twitter and Hudl as often as they do, how often are you updating your pages?

I just posted my junior year highlights a couple months ago.

After the season is over, how important is it to you to earn an invite to the North vs. South All-Star game?

I would love to be able to be apart of that; I heard it’s very fun.

What goes on your burger?

I’m basic; I like cheese and ketchup.

Where should the state finals be held?

I like Charleston. I think it’s a good place.

Outside of sports, what are you doing for fun?

I like to hang out with my friends, make money, and workout.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley