2024 With Mr. Pancake Gray Robinson from Hillsboro High School

 


Name
Gray Robinson

School
Hillsboro High School

Positions played
TE, FS,HB

Graduating year
2027

Height and weight
6,1 190

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

My goal is to be as physical as possible and pancake as many as I can, as well as to do my part to help Hillsboro get a playoff win this upcoming season.

What goals will you set for your team this season?

That we all stay committed, have the same mindset this season, and get work done every practice, every rep, and every drill.

The Indians finished 5-6 overall, including a two-game losing streak. In your eyes, how important is it for the team to open the season with a win?

All of our momentum shifted after the loss to McClain, but we got a really good squad this year, and I’m confident in my teammates, so if we win our first game, I think it’ll fuel our team to play this season to our best. It would be really helpful to get a win for the first game.

Focusing on just the road games you have played, which stadium has been the worst to have played in, along with what made it so bad?

Greenfield was the worst; the weather, with the whole field being mud, didn’t make a good environment for the game and was detrimental to our game.

What is the most rewarding part of being a student-athlete at Hillsboro High School?

We have many ways to be involved, and our weightlifting goals or having a measurement of how you do in the game is a great motivator to work.

What is the hardest part of being a student-athlete?

I would say the scheduling: some multi-sport athletes miss practices, or because of transportation, some can’t make it.

Who is the toughest teammate to square up against in practice?

This year, I would say Dom Smart. He’s a beast and works hard every practice; he has a good work ethic and loves the game.

What is the toughest part of practice?

Definitely conditioning, because we get pushed to our limits.

Where on the field do you feel you are best at?

I’ve worked hard this off-season and am not letting it go to waste. My goal is to play college football, so I give my all to every practice.

What is your game-day routine?

I wear headphones and try to prepare my teammates to give it their all. My goal in every game is to glorify my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Where should the state finals be held?

I would say Pickerington High School because it’s a mid-location and a nice area with a great stadium.

As a player, do you feel that private schools have an advantage over public schools?

Yes, they can recruit and make overpowered teams against small schools or low-division schools.

Who are your role models?

I try to base my game off of Luke Kuechly and Dalton Schultz and be a core player for my team.

Where is the best local spot in town to grab a bite?

Probably 24 Deli or Dairy Queen because they always have great food.

Have you watched any of the UFL games?

Yes, and the Seattle Sea Dragons have the best fit and recently had a player go to the NFL from their team.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley