2024 Interview with Tyler Wise from Brooke high School and Fairmont State commit


 

Name
Tyler Wise

School
Brooke High School

Positions played
defense  end
offense guard 

Graduating year
2024

Height and weight
6’4 
204

College
Fairmont State University 

What are you going to miss the most about being a student-athlete at Brooke High School?

I am going to miss spending time with my teammates the most. We are all going to different colleges, and I will miss playing on the same team. 

After your last football game as well as your last wrestling match, what were your feelings knowing that you were finished with both sports as far as high school goes?

Knowing I had just finished my last high school football game, I felt upset and had many emotions, knowing I wouldn’t be playing with my friends on the field again. 
After finishing my last wrestling match, I won the 215-pound weight class state championship. I was excited and motivated to continue my wrestling career.

What was your biggest moment as an athlete at Brooke High School?

Winning the 2024 State Championship Wrestling Tournament was my biggest moment as an athlete at Brooke High School. 

As an athlete, in any sport, at any age, what was your most embarrassing moment?
I cannot think of my most embarrassing moment; I do not get embarrassed easily and see mistakes as a learning experience.

Wrestling or football, which one was harder for you to prepare for?

Wrestling was harder for me to prepare for because it takes more conditioning and dedication. Since wrestling is an individual sport, it’s harder to prepare. 

Congrats on earning a spot in the North vs. . South game! How important was it for you to earn the invite?

Getting the invite to the North vs. South game was very important to me because some of my teammates got invited, and we will get to share the field together. 

I have taken in a lot of all-star games, and fans, for the most part, seem to think that the players do not care as much as they should when it comes to winning the game. What are your thoughts on that?

Winning this game is very important to the players because it shows which region of football in WV has better athletes and more competition. 

If you have free time at college, will you come back to watch Brooke play football or take part in a wrestling match?

If I have free time at college, I would like to be able to attend a football game and wrestling match to show my high school support. 

Who was the toughest player that you ever faced on the football field, along with the team he played for?

The toughest player I ever faced on the football field was Gearre Hawkins Jr.; he played for Wheeling Park.

Who was the best wrestler you ever faced, along with the team he was on?

The best wrestler I ever faced was Brock Kehler; he wrestled for the university. 

Can you name some of the schools that recruited you for each sport?

For football, Bethany, Baldwin Wallis, St. Vincent, Marietta, and Defiance were some schools that recruited me. 

For wrestling, Glenville State, Mercy Hurst, Fairmont, and West Liberty were some schools that recruited me. 

What made you choose wrestling for Fairmont State?

What made me choose Fairmont was that they had the program I was wanting to study.

What is your favorite genre of music?

My favorite genre of music is country. 

What is your go-to snack?

My go-to snack is fruit snacks. 

What will you major in at college?

I want to major in electrical engineering during my time in college.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley