2024 Interview with Quarterback Richie Wyse from Wellsville High School


 

Name

Richie Wyse

School

Wellsville High School

Positions played

QB/RB, MLB/OLB

Graduating year

2027

Height and weight

5’11,  160lbs

What are you going to miss the most from the 2024 class?

I will mostly miss the leadership they have taught me.

What was your high mark for the 2023 season?

Getting the starting QB position.

What was the low point of the 2023 season?

Taking a loss that I believe was definitely winnable. 

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Wellsville High School?

The best part, I would have to say, is being able to stand out for having great academics and also being able to perform in sports.

What is your favorite part of practice?

My favorite part is going over plays on offense or defense and being able to get other teammates in who don’t typically start, so everybody gets a chance to learn what their job is on the field.

Who is the hardest teammate to face in practice?

Definitely my guy, Cayden Vincent, when he is at defensive tackle because he is a dog and he’s always able to get through the line to make a play.

What has been your biggest moment as an athlete in any sport at any age?

My biggest moment would have to be in 8th grade, when I was 14 and me and my 4x100 track team broke the school record.

As an athlete, what has been your most embarrassing moment?

Definitely shooting a three-pointer from the corner and hitting the side of the backboard in a game.

As a player, what do you personally do to try and get more classmates to come out for the football team?

I’m always going around the halls when it is time to switch periods, and I always try and talk to people trying to get them out on the team because I can see that they definitely have the potential to be something great. Also, I just want to be able to help them make more friends and make the Tiger football family bigger.

Do you feel that private schools have an advantage over public schools? Explain

There is a part of me that does think this. I think this is because some private schools are able to “recruit” great athletes who want to be the best they can be in the sports that they play, and in public schools, sometimes it is very hard to find that mentality with kids.

What is the hardest part of being a quarterback?

The knowledge. To play the quarterback position, you have to be very smart. You have to know the plays and everyone’s assignment in every play; you have to have awareness; you have to be able to read and defend; and there are plenty more things you have to know if you want to play as a quarterback.
 
What is the strongest part of your game?

My mentality is that no matter if a game is going well or badly, I always have to stay level-headed and be ready for anything. I have to be ready to help teammates out when they get down on themselves. Also, even if I mess up, I just have to go straight onto the next play and be better.

Have you watched any of the UFL games?

Yes, I like watching some UFL games because they are different from the regular NFL and because of the interesting ruling system.

What goes on your burger?
 
American cheese, lettuce, and ketchup are, personally, the only way to go.

What is your favorite genre of music?

My favorite would have to be alternative R&B because I really like Frank Ocean's music or any type of music he makes because it is very calm to me.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley