2024 Interview with Dominik Graham from Logan High School


 

Dominik Graham 

Logan High School 

Dline, left tackle

Class of 2025

6'1 288

Wrestling or football—which one are you hoping to do in college?

I'm hoping to do football in college, even though I'm coming off a good junior wrestling season, making a district and going 37 and 15, but I love football, so I would take any opportunity I get.

With this being your final football season, do you think you will prepare differently than you have in the past?
 
With this being my final football season, I'm going to attack this season like it's in the other season. Just this year, work 10 times harder in the offseason, whether it's with teammates or not. It's time to change the culture of Logan football.

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Logan High School? 

The best part about being a student athlete at Logan is the community and the teachers there. The community always comes out on Friday nights and supports us and donates money to our program. Then the staff at Logan is always there for athletes when we need them and helping us with stuff off the field.

What is the toughest part of being a student-athlete?

The toughest part about being a student athlete is the mental part because you have to wake up and go to school and get good grades, then go to a practice for like 5 hours, then you don't get many days off, and every Friday night you have a game, then you got to turn around that next day and have a workout. It's the same cycle, repeat, and as an athlete. I think sometimes we need to take time to ourselves and get help with our mental health.

Who has been the best player you have faced in a game, along with the team he played for? 

Caden Wolford for Jackson High School; he's just so quick with the ball in his hand that it's hard to tackle him, and he makes a lot of people miss. When we played them, we had a hard time stopping him.

Who is the toughest teammate to go up against in practice?
 
The toughest teammate to go get some practices Kallen Wilson, he just worked so hard and went against some practice; if you're having a bad day, it doesn't matter to him; he'll run you over, and every single play he goes 100%; he does not take plays off. He's also very smart. He knows what he's doing.

What is the best and worst part of a Logan Chieftains practice?

The best part about our practices is when the skill guys have to go do 7 on 7 because sometimes we'll sit there and just make fun of them, or we'll go play 7 on 7 with ourselves, or we'll just make jokes. The worst part is that in the summer, every Tuesday and Friday, we have 2 hours of straight running. I'll be even doing suicides or time runs.

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

Goals are showing people that we can keep up with Pickerington Central and show we can win games in the occ. Also, make the playoffs. Logan hasn't been to the playoffs since 2009, and I think it's time to change that.

Coming off a 3–7 season, what in your eyes must change for Logan to get back to winning games?

I think the culture of Logan needs to come back because back then Logan used to be a team and everyone was scared to play. Now, when people see us on the schedule, they're already thinking they won the game, and we haven't even played yet. Also, the team bonding I don't think there has been much team bonding over the last few years.

Where should the state finals be held?

I think the state final should be held in Hawaii because it's nice there, it'll be a nice little vacation for the teams that earn it, and I think we know more motivation for teams.

This is a new question in my interviews. Do you feel that private schools have an unfair advantage over public schools?

I do feel that private schools do have an advantage over the public because private schools can go out and get kids while public schools can't choose what kids come to their school but the private can.

If you are invited to play in any of the after-season all-star games, will you?

It is a goal of mine to be invited to an all-star game after my senior season. That is my goal.

If you have heard from any college coaches, would you share with the readers which schools are recruiting you and for which sport?

I have not heard from any college coaches, but I've been trying to reach out to them. I have plans to visit a couple camps this year and hopefully talk to a lot more coaches this year.

What is the strongest part of your football game?

My strongest part of my football game is my pass protection in my motor to never stop and keep driving due to the whistle blows and also my worth ethic. No matter what my workout is, how hot it is, or how bad my days are going, I always come to practice ready to work.

What must you improve on before the season kicks off to be a better player?

I need to prove my leadership, get in control of the locker room, and understand what we have to prove, what we have to show, and how many people understand what this team can be.

Where is the best local spot to grab a solid meal?

Chipotle, I think, is one of the best spots to grab a meal after football games or a long wrestling tournament, or if you are really hungry, I still think Chipotle is the best.

What is your favorite class or subject?

My favorite subject would probably be psychology or history. I love learning about the human mind and what goes through it. For history, I like going back in time and seeing the wars and how they affected us and how much life has changed from then to now.

What are some other activities you enjoy participating in?

I just started track, and even though I'm not good at it, I love going out there and competing, making new friends, and talking to different people. Another sport I'll play in my free time is volleyball. You know, some people might think it's weird, but I think it's actually really fun to play with friends and with other people.

And I want to say thank you for giving me your time and for letting me do this interview.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with TJ Carper Zanesville High School Head Football Coach

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School