2024 Interview with Defensive end Kale Hansen from Northeastern high school (INDIANA)


 

Kale Hansen

Northeastern high school

Defensive end 

2026

6’0  195

What was the high mark of the 2023 season?

I think the high mark would be beating Tri in Week 2. It was nice getting our revenge from last season.

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I have played football since 3rd grade, and the competitiveness football has with the other teams in the TEC is what drives me to play.

What is the toughest part of practice?

Our inside run segment is pretty tough on the body; you get a couple bruises here and there.

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Northeastern High School?

The best part is the winning culture we have; there’s nothing the kids and the staff at Northeastern want more than winning, which makes putting in the extra time after school a lot easier.

What has been the biggest moment in your athletic career, in any sport, at any age?

The biggest moment for me was my freshman season, when we beat Centerville at home. I didn’t play in the game, but the energy after winning was something I can’t explain.

Who is the best player you have ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

So far, I’d say the best player I’ve gone against is Aiden Weatherhead from Winchester.

What is the toughest part of playing on the D-line?

For me, it’s being undersized compared to a lot of linemen; it can be hard to out-strengthen them sometimes.

Worst weather for a lineman to play in?

The worst weather is when it’s blazing hot. Trying to move big linemen around every play in 95-degree weather is tough.

Just focusing on the road stadiums you have played in, which had the best overall atmosphere?

Winchester's atmosphere was the best overall with how many fans they have, and their band is really good.

What are your personal goals for the 2024 season?

My goals are to lead the TEC in sacks and also to break the sack record at Northeastern.

Which game are you looking most forward to this season? Explain

Centerville. It’ll feel good to bruise their egos when we beat them.

What is one thing that you would like to do on the football field in a game that you might never get to do?

I would love to get a play design with me at quarterback so I can prove I can throw the rock.

Who are your role models?

Robert Mathis and Kam Crawford 

What is your favorite genre of music?

Indie folk is the way to go.

What is the one sport that you cannot watch on TV?

Baseball is the most insufferable thing on TV.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley