2024 Interview with Baron Hardesty from Bullitt East High School (KY)


 

Name

Baron Hardesty

School

Bullitt East High School (KY)

Positions played

Defensive End, Linebacker

Graduating year

2026

Height and weight

6', 3" (245 lbs)

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Bullitt East High School?

I get to play with a lot of teammates I have played with for years and get to experience Big Class 6A football games close to home.

What is the toughest part of being a high school student-athlete?

I probably manage my time between football, academics, work, family, and off-season training. I am stretched pretty thin most of the time.

Last year, your team finished 9-3, losing to Pleasure Park Ridge, Male, and Ryle. Which of those teams was the best, in your opinion?

Male

Who was the best player that you have ever faced in a game, along with the reasons you believe he was so good?

Probably Isaac "Spike" Sowells of Male; he just had solid technique. Also, a couple I faced in different camps had massive size and good technique.

Where on the field do you feel you are the best?

In the box, setting the edge and giving a rush to the QB

What has been your most memorable moment as a football player?

Winning the 2022 State Championship here at Bullitt East against Male.

As an athlete, what has been your most embarrassing moment?

Probably this past season, I had such a deep cut on my chin from my chin strap that every game got reopened and bled everywhere every Friday night.

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

I would like to personally break the school sack record as a junior, make the All-State Defense 1st Team, and have my team make it to state again.

What will you miss the most from the 2024 class? 

We had a couple guys in our senior class that were just uplifting for our team and made Friday nights more exciting, like Kayden Jenkins and Gabe Henderson (unfortunately both had their seasons cut short mid-season with injuries last year), but they were great on the sidelines for our team.

What is the worst part of practice? 

Offensive days are less exciting for my position. Key reads are probably my most dreaded practice moments.

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I started football at 8 years old, so 8 years total. I continue to play because I have dedicated so much of my youth to building the player I am now, and I continue to learn and grow every day. I am on a mission to be my best.

What is your go-to snack?

Frozen pizza

Do you watch horse racing?

No, not at all. Not even on Derby 

What is the worst kind of music to have played during warm-ups over the PA system?

Radio Country songs, music specifically Zack Bryan


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with TJ Carper Zanesville High School Head Football Coach

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School