2024 Interview with Weir High School Senior Corey Lyons and Bethany Commit


 

Corey lyons

Weir High School

Bethany

Positions played

Running back

2024

What were your personal goals entering the 2023 season, and were you able to achieve those goals?

To make it to the state championship. We fell short in the semifinals.

What were your biggest and lowest moments of the 2023 season?

My biggest moment was definitely catching the game winner against Scott to go to the semifinals.

My lowest moment was pulling my hamstring in our hoco game.

As an athlete, what do you believe your greatest accomplishment has been?

My greatest accomplishment has been making 1st team all-state for sure or topping the 1,000-yard mark halfway through the season.

As an athlete, what was your most embarrassing moment?

My junior year, I scored a touchdown, and my pants and gurdle fell down.

Who was the best player you ever faced in a game, along with the team he played on?

The best players I ever faced were Hunter Patterson and Oak Glen my freshman year.

If you are invited to play in any of the state-wide all-star games, will you?

Yes, I will. That’s been my dream.

What will you miss the most about playing high school football?

The atmosphere of running through the tunnel before the game

What has been the biggest lesson you have learned from sports that you can use in real life?

Give 1000% in everything you do, and never give up, no matter how hard it gets.

What was the best part of the recruiting process?

Getting my first offer

What was the worst part of the recruiting process?

The worst part was the endless coaches never texting back. I definitely got down on myself because of it.

Would you share with the readers some of the schools that recruited you?

Baldwin Wallace, W&J, Westminster, Concord WL, Fairmont State, Bethany, and Wittensburg

Why did you end up choosing Bethany College?

I picked Bethany because it was close to home, they showed the most love no matter what, and it felt like home there every time I went.

What will you be majoring in once you are enrolled in college?

Physical education

What is your favorite type of music, along with your favorite current song?

My favorite music is rap, and my favorite song is Randy Orton by Key Glock.

What is one sport you cannot watch on TV?

I hate to watch soccer.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley