2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley


 

K’Vuone McNeal

Canton McKinley 

Defensive End/Outside LB

2025

6’3 235

What are your goals for the Bulldogs for the 2024 season?

Play every game as a team, with everyone doing their job.
The whole team gives one hundred percent at practice and in the weight room every single day.
Players on the team lifting our guys up during games
Get better and better each week and win the state title.

What are your personal goals for the season?

Break the school sack record.
be the top-ranked defensive end in Ohio.
Help my team make it to the state title.
Continue to lead on and off the field.
Stay healthy all season.

How long have you been the long snapper, and how did you get into playing that position?

I have been playing long snapper for 2 years, and I started playing it because my big brother Cynceir McNeal played it when he came here, and he inspired me to start playing long snapper.

You are also a linebacker and a tight end. Of those two positions, which one do you feel you are better at? Explain

I am a linebacker and tight end, and I feel like I'm better at linebacker because I'm already a stand-up defensive end, so it kind of correlates to linebacker a little.

What was the high point of the 2023 season?

when we beat Perry by 40, because that’s when everyone played together and did their job.

What was the low point of the 2023 season?

when we lost to Massillon 35-0 because the team just wasn’t playing together and everyone was hanging their heads when they first scored.

Who has been the best player you have ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

Ben Roebuck Lakewood St. Ed

What will it take for you guys to get back to being one of the most-feared teams in the state?

Mindset, attitude, and willingness 

Of all of the road games you have played, which stadium has been the worst to play in, along with what made it so bad?

Jackson Stadium because there were a lot of racist people, including the refs.

What are your thoughts on the 16 teams from each region qualifying for the playoffs?

I think it’s good because there’s a lot of competition, and it really can narrow it down to who deserves the title.

Can you share with the readers some of the colleges that have shown some interest in you?

Toledo
Bbowling green
-uffalo
Central michigan 
kent state 
saint francis
Miami, Ohio
western kentucky 
wake forest

Right before the 2023 season, I asked three players this next question, and they all gave the same answer. So here is that same question for you: Would you rather lose to Massillon and make the state finals, or beat Massillon and lose early in the playoffs?

Beat massillon 

What is your go-to snack?

sunflower seeds, mostly any flavor 

What is your game-day routine?

First, I pray, then put everything that goes under my gear, then I listen to some music, then I lock in and picture everything I'm going to do in the game, run through some plays in my head, get a lift,eat something, and then it's time to suit up and go.

Have you ever been to a Canton Charge basketball game?

Yes, I have


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School